Thursday 21 August 2008

Beginning, Middle and End

Beginning, Middle and End, that’s what I was told was the makeup of a good story. Here’s a beginning – A Blog, my first, if that’s what this is, perhaps maybe just a rant? I prefer it to be a blog, new trendy, seeing as I’ve not blogged before. Rant, well we all rant. On and on, rant, rant, rant. Remember Monty Python, wow, could they rant. Rant, rant, rant, rant. Rant, rant, rant, rant. Raaant . . . rantaty rant. Any way not to get carried away, this a blog. Where was I . . . yes, beginning middle and end, the making of a good story. Consider this short story. Once upon a time, they all lived happy ever after. A beginning, a middle and an end, or is there?Is there a middle, is the fact that ‘they all lived’ a middle? The story makes sense, it’s complete, but to me it consists of a beginning and an end. ‘Once upon a time,’ the beginning. ‘They all lived happy ever after,’ is that not the end of a good story? I know not many stories end that way these days, but they used to! And any way I’m ranting . . . opps, blogging.No! I think I’m ranting now. Blogging is much different to ranting don’t you think? So, if once upon a time they all lived happy ever after; I’m using a sentence here as a statement rather than a quote from the story if you follow; we have to ask, how do they live now? And the answer lies in blogging.Because once upon a time we used to rant, like I’m doing now. Only now we blog, like what this is.What’s in the middle is the fact that we live. And we’ll go on blogging happy ever after . . . maybe? As that depends on how we write . . . the end.

No comments: